It’s been a productive week! I was asked to create a few pieces of art for an information post on the island village of Arborek, put together by Conservation International and the local tourism department. Bonus: Indonesian President Jokowi may or may not be viewing my art during his visit next weekend!
Some art hacks I’ve learned recently:
- Pray before you begin. Ask God to use your hands (and viewers’ eyeballs) to give a glimpse of His glory in creation!
- Having a time lapse vid up and running provides the perfect motivation to stay at the task at hand – what could have taken me much longer took 6 days to complete.
2. If something looks horrible as you’re painting it (and you are tempted to despair a little – in my case with the turtle) don’t panic! As long as the proportions are correct, it will probably turn out fine – give it some time and love.
3. When assigned a project with a short timeline, one way to save time on the painting is make sure to start your base with a dark colour to keep you from having to paint shadows (ie. dark blue)
4. If you’re vegan (or ran out of eggs!), a great sub for eggs in baking is 1Tbs ground flaxseed in 2Tbs water.
Art is above all an adventure of the mind.
All glory to God for everything!